When you're doing a lot of advanced free text searches with Lucene in Relatude, you sometimes need to inspect exactly what's being indexed in the database. There is a tool called Luke that lets you inspect and make queries directly to the search index.
This is how Luke is described by the creators:
Luke is a handy development and diagnostic tool, which accesses already existing Lucene indexes and allows you to display and modify their content in several ways:
- browse by document number, or by term
- view documents / copy to clipboard
- retrieve a ranked list of most frequent terms
- execute a search, and browse the results
- analyze search results
- selectively delete documents from the index
- reconstruct the original document fields, edit them and re-insert to the index
- optimize indexes
- and much more...
Find out more at http://www.getopt.org/luke/