Use this checklist before deploying a site. This document is not an acceptance test script. It can be used several times during a project to verify that you have thought of everything.
- Check that your Relatude site license is ok.
Access rights in Relatude CMS
- Verify that the correct users and groups are created.
- Remove test users.
- compilation debug=false
- Set globalization if there is one main culture
- Set max upload size
Web site tracking
- Check that Google Analytics or other tracking services are tracking visits
Verify HTML using http://validator.w3.org
Browser compatibility and accessibility
If you do not have specific requirement use the following checklist. Site must look and work perfectly according to the design in:
- Edge Chromium
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Latest version of Safari on Mac
- Latest version of Safari on iOS
- Test all templates with ?WAFPageTimer=true. This shows the time the system uses to create the html on the server. Normally below 50ms on a fast server. Content count is normally below 500, but anything over 1000 should be investigated.
- Test the total size of the various pages
- Check the number of requests needed.
- Are you using CSS and JS bundling
- Check that you have a Fav icon.
- Pages look ok when printed.
- Site map is present as .sitemap file or html representation (if requirement)
- Form validation makes sense.
- Contact form works.
- Meaningful page titles on all pages.
- Headings ordered correctly H1,H2,H3 etc.
- Only one occurrence of H1 per page.
- Title tag can be manually set.
- Alt tag on images
- Images that are auto resized are correctly resized. Only show original image in special cases.
- 404 page (page not found) works.
- Custom user friendly error page is shown on server error. (Not stack trace)
- No results in search display meaningful feedback.
IIS / App Service setup
- Disable overlapped recycle
- Enable Gzip compression.
- Make sure you can find all content types that makes sense.
- All URL's are SEO friendly (No parameters such as ?nid=123)
- Site tested on different screen resolutions. 4k to 1024x768 and mobile.
- Has the colours been contrast tested
- Site tested for accessibility. For example WCAG
- Tested on tablets (Android + iPad).
- Tested on Android and iOS.
- All links that are not obvious have Title attribute set.
- All pages have a link back to the home page.
- Robots.txt file.
- Set up e-mail or SMS alerts for uptime monitoring
Test that these types of content look good:
- Nested lists.
- Links in text
- Images in text. Are they scaled on mobile?
- Other text formatting.
Other CMS setup
- Site tested with realistic content.
- Are all templates automatically set when creating new content
- If you are using a module based setup, are the modules created in the correct folder
- Can you preview the modules?
- Have you tested different combinations of the modules?
- Are the “Show in Tree” and “Show in Menu” defaults set correctly?
- Have you added icons to all content types (Important for usability)
- Have you checked that a file library exists?
- Enable all the relevant logs in Relatude